Thursday, January 13, 2005

Salads for lunch...

Today I had a salad, from Wendy's, as my lunch meal. It's a decent salad, consists of about 75% iceberg lettuce, a few leaves of green lettuce, grilled chicken, bacon, tomatoes and cheese. It's actually a very sound lunch. I did add the croutons and used about 1/2 of the salad dressing packet they provided.

As my friend Brad once said (http://dotnetguy.techieswithcats.com), "Americans don't like salad, they just like salad dressing." It's the salad dressing that kills the healthy lunch. One full packet of dressing has 40% of our recommended fat (26g), only 4% carbs (11g, 10 grams are sugar), 15% of our sodium (350mg), and 8% of the cholestorol intake (25mg).

I'm glad I used only 1/2 the dressing...at least I feel like I ate pretty healthy. :)

No comments: